Friday, October 1, 2021

God in full view.

 You are before me, Lord, you are behind, and over me you have spread out your hand; such knowledge is too wonderful for me, to high to grasp, to great to understand. TIS 87

I read a quote which said: 'Life should be a constant vision of God's presence.' (Maclaren) and I found myself nodding in agreement as I watched the bulging life giving drops of water run off the end of the eucalyptus leaves not only marvelling at their jewel like colour as the sun shone through them but also reflecting on the 'living water' that Jesus offers us and the sustenance it gives his creation. Then I can turn around to see the swelling buds on the rose bushes and think of the potential of beauty amidst the thorns, of pain and of glory, and then the spring bulbs that have risen from the dark earth into the light and in the corner of the garden other flowers have heads bent in prayerful posture. There is very little space that I turn to that is not filled with God's presence. It's like something that is always with you, and it is,- always with you, for God is never far away. Learning to live in the vision of God's presence comes when we learn how to live in the moment day by day, when God is near and worries are far off.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                Heads bowed in prayer.