Monday, October 11, 2021

Sing your spirt into joy.

 My peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. John 14:27

The endurance of us all in lockdown is perhaps running a bit thin. We have mixed feelings. Perhaps we are keen to resume some form of more natural living or perhaps we might want to just stay in our own home bubble, either way our spirit is probably waning. Around my garden and on my permitted walk I find my spirit is lifted considerably as I see, with more awareness, the beauty of spring, the birds of the air and sense the perfume of flowers. Have they all been more obvious because we are living in a quieter, stiller life and how do we retain that when life resumes again in all its business? Thoughts for reflection and prayer.

Joyce Rupp writes: The loveliness of a single flower in radiant bloom can sing my drooping spirit into joy.

May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.

Anne, servant of the Lord.


                                                A thing of beauty.