Monday, October 4, 2021

God's hour

 Strength and beauty are in his sanctuary: Psalm 96:6

There is such an urgency and an excitement about the dawn of a new day. Its like a 'calling' that can't be resisted. 'Come, 'it says, 'come quickly before I pass and we haven't met.'  The air is still and the morning light is infused with colour in anticipation of the rising sun. The dew is still on the grass and little notes of morning welcome, the only sound to hear, comes from within the trees as a little bird sing its praises of a new day. I picture it standing tall on its spindly legs, head held high and its tiny beak wide open sending forth note after note of praises to God.  I like to think it is singing morning praises to God, just as I do when I am 'called' to see the dawn. I reflect on the words of  William Wordsworth who said: Blessed was it that dawn to be alive.

Jehovah -shalom. The Lord is peace.

Anne, servant of the Lord

And the little bird sings.