Friday, September 2, 2022

The mark of faith.

 In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my light, my strength, my song. Psalm 62

I was driving home from Goulburn reflecting on the things the deacons had shared at the cathedral and into my mind came the words of Joyce Rupp when she says 'Driving along in my car - my little hermitage on wheels. ' (Don't you love that.)  It was on that drive I reflected on two things I discovered at the cathedral that over all these years, had never known. One was the bricks that pave the foyer and along the isles of the cathedral which are from the original cathedral and were made by convicts. On the back of them is an arrow, the convicts mark. Then down the isle among an array of  the bricks was a Cross carved into one of the bricks, its origin unknown. These were the marks left by the builders. In Israel the Crusaders left the mark of their cross on the columns and massive road pavers. Where, I wonder have you left your mark?  I don't advocate walking about carving crosses on columns but have you left your mark of faith on the lives of those who God puts in your path ?  

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.   Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                The cross in the brick.