Monday, September 12, 2022

A stilling prayer

 Let us enlist our lives in continuous celebration of God's goodness and greatness. Psalm 145 (Psalms Now. L.E.Brandt)

The sacred space is again bathed in morning light with the coming of spring. Its soft, its peaceful, its quiet except for the joy of the twittering song of  little birds that are also enjoying the change of season, such happy little things like balls of feathers on tiny stick legs. As for the spring flowers and blossoms, well they are just packed with love from God, full of colour and incense. If we stop long enough, I mean really stop long enough, we can feel the power of God holding it all together around  us He is present. He is there. He is all in all.  I often use this quote from Colin Arquhart as a stilling prayer at the day hospice.

The light of God surrounds me. The love of God enfolds me; The power of God protects me. Where I am - God is. 

Jehovah - Shalom. The Lord is peace.  Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                               Where I am God is.