Monday, September 26, 2022

A place to snuggle into

 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 17:8-9

Its interesting to observe in the bird life how its often the male that is charged with the responsibility of looking after the babies. I think of the blue wren as an example, keeping watch over a flighty clutch of babies, trying to keep them safe from harm while at the same time learning how to live in a big world and I think how like our Heavenly Father nurturing and caring for us and keeping us safe. I love the image of keeping us under the shadow of his wings, a place we can run too when we are in need of protection and shelter or simply comfort, a place to snuggle into and with that image I also reflected on a family of ducks I see at the lake who keep their babies close by so any signs of danger or any need for comfort they just go for the shelter of 'under the wings' of the parent. May we stay close enough to God to be well within reach of  his comfort and shelter.

May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.   Anne, servant of the Lord.