Friday, September 16, 2022

Side swept by loveliness

 So that by God's will I may come to you with joy and be refreshed in your company. Romans 15:32

I recall  a drive down a country road taking a day of respite from work and refreshing with a 'spiritual journey' where just God and I in the car set off to see his wonders in creation. At one stage I came to a stop and pausing in moment to look on the flowers growing on the side of the road and as Joyce Rupp would say, 'I was side swept by their loveliness.' With nothing except me and them, all other thoughts had left my mind now filled with beauty and a kaleidoscope of colour - A God moment. Did I go home refreshed? Indeed I did.  Going for a drive or a walk does wonders for the spirit.

May the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.  Anne, servant of the Lord.


                                                Roadside blessings