Friday, August 26, 2022

Quiet pools of stillness

 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Psalm 62:1

There is a Chinese proverb that reminds us that we can not see ourselves in running water. We need those quiet pools of stillness for reflection.  This morning as I opened the blinds in the early morning light I pauses and my gaze fell on the scene before me - the green of the grass was glistening with a frost like a  million sparkling diamonds as the sun rays ran across the ground and up the pure white trunks of the eucalypt trees. The air was still - I was still - and I stayed there for quite a moment admiring the handy work, the beauty of God's created new day, the peace and pondered the things of the day before me. Pause,  just a small moment of pause, can centre us and set the entire day on a different course.  The moment was so special that I know it will come into my mind many times during the day, that stillness, that quiet. 

Jehovah - shalom. The Lord is Peace.  Anne, servant of the Lord.

A frosty morning  stillness