Friday, December 3, 2021

Stay awhile with me

My beloved has gone down to the garden, to the beds of spices, to browse in the garden and gather lilies. Song of Songs 6:2

I have come to my sacred space with no shoes on today as I feel God is there before me, waiting, waiting for me to sit and just be. As I do that my eyes fall on the garden and on a flower in front of me, a glorious fuchsia and for several minutes I contemplate on what I am seeing: I look deep into its colours and envisage the creator with his palate of paints deciding which colours to use. 'This one? no, this one -  perhaps that one  - and I think of all the flowers in the garden with their different shapes and colours and sizes, intrinsic detail,  and marvel at the joy God must have had in making them and painting them just for me, just for you, his beloved. It seemed a long time that I sat with God in no hurry to go anywhere. Macrina  Wiederkehr says contemplation is like going to heaven for awhile.

Jehovah - Shalom the  Lord is peace.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                Heads bowed in prayer.