Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas is coming.

 And may the God of love be with you. 2 Cor 13:11

I look at the tinsel and baubles hanging on the garden gate and ponder the meaning of Christmas and then my gaze rests on the nativity scene set on a table by the fence for those walking past to see and reflect on and  I just sit in the mystery of it all in the quietness.   Two words fall into my mind: Christmas and Shalom.  I like to break the word Christmas up holding onto the Christ within it, Christ-mas for with out Christ there is no Christmas. As Christ came into  the world that Christmas nigh to live among us  I pray he will come  and live within us. Then the word Shalom - peace. This is a far deeper meaning than just a sense of peace, its a deep indescribable peace presence not just within our self but within the way we lead our lives and regard our neighbours and all living things.  I have a different feel about Christmas this year. Its a feeling of a deep love for Jesus and the gratefulness that he is in my life, no, that he is my way of live. So be it for you also.

Blessings, love and peace.

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                While shepherds watched their flocks by night