Friday, December 17, 2021

Your maker and your God.

 I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys. Song of Songs 2:1

I don't have to go beyond the garden fence to see the beauty of the Lord and everywhere I look is a place of prayer because the imagery reminds me of something of God. I wonder do you find that you cast your gaze on something and immediately and from know where comes God thoughts? I stooped to smell the rich perfume of the deep red rose and immediately thought of an elderly friend and Christ's love we have shared over so many years and I give thanks. I often wonder when our heart is touched how can we pray because sometimes the 'touch' leaves us speechless, then I think of the words of a poem  where it says: 'In sweetest, smiling bloom, declare your maker and your God.' and that's the prayer.

Grace, peace and hope this Advent season

Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                        The red, red rose.