Monday, December 13, 2021

Beckoning - come!

 The sun comes up its a new day dawning. Its time to sing your song again. Bless the Lord Oh my soul worship his holy name (1000 reasons by Matt Redman)

A quiet fell all around in the morning stillness as I visited the sacred space, amerced in welcome, beckoning - come - and I came and I saw God everywhere as my gaze fell on the garden about me and rested on the pale yellow and pink aquilegia, or grandma's bonnet as we call them,  and I thought how I had come here, not to seek God's help but to seek him, and as always happens he was there, everywhere, and as I pondered on the Aquilegia, the grandma's bonnet, I thought about and elderly lady who I don't know but who I came to know about through a book I brought in a second hand book shop. Inside the front cover was a note in a  shaky hand which said, ' its me again God, I am here, you are here, you are everywhere. Let us pray together the prayer your Father gave us.' How blessed are we by the simple gifts others leave for us to discover.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                            How blessed are we.