Friday, December 10, 2021

A touched heart

Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see their God. Matthew 5:8

My gaze rested on a spent rose, visible from my sacred space. It had  come to bud, flourished in its life and  brought awe and wonder to many a passer by but now it was fading. It had run the race of life and rested quietly on the bush dropping its petals one by one. As my gaze deepened into meditation I reflected on an elderly lady in our church service in the nursing home, a beautiful Christian lady who faithfully attended and even in her dementia, participated. Since seeing her last time she had deteriorated in health and was now in a day bed seemingly asleep. I looked at her and thought, she is on her way to God . As communion was distributed she was gently tapped on the shoulder to see if she was conscious and her eyes opened wide and in a strong voice said. 'I am still here.'  and received her communion before succumbing to sleep again. It was a wonderful God moment that truly touched my heart. I read a quote  which said: A touched heart means that in some way God has come.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                I am still here!