Friday, March 29, 2019

My Saviors love

He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. Job 9:8
I  think on this text and straight away I find myself singing the old Sunday school favorite 'Wide wide a the ocean, high as the heavens above deep deep as the deepest sea is my saviors love.' Some things never go from our memories and how blessed we are to have been taught by faithful people the grounding  of a Christian life. The ocean so vast, so wide  that its horizon meets the sky and its edges wash the uncountable grains of sand onto its shores. It gives me a sense that if God can encompass such a broad creation and control it, with its beauty and its storms then we his creation  are well included in his care through our beauty and our storms.There is a saying: I can face the waves for I trust the one who made the ocean.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Shine Jesus shine.