Monday, April 1, 2019

ancestors of the followers

This is the list of the ancestors of Jesus Christ. Matthew 1:1-6
For many years I have been compiling the family history and through that I get a strong sense of who I am. I can see as far back as 1112 that we had a bishop in the family in Germany. 1112!! And since then there has been many,many clergy.Several of the women were Methodist mission workers among the poor and the orphans on the streets of Melbourne in the 1890's. So many faithful people. I have  several small books of reflections, written by a one of the women, and they give a great insight into her God and our family story. So many have walked in the footstep of  Jesus and still are. So many have lived their faith through great adversity, walking step by step with Jesus one foot after the other braking down walls of discrimination, injustice, exclusion. Feeding the poor and giving shelter to the homeless and holding the hand of the dying soldiers in the two World Wars.  I thought of Jesus who walked the earth. I thought of his list of ancestors and I thought of how we are all 'the ancestors of the followers' as we continue to follow in the steps of Jesus.
Dorothy De Hueck Doherty said. Those who follow in Jesus footsteps, who never deviate from his teachings, find that these teachings are revolutionary. 
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
A carpenter in Nazareth said to be a descendant of Jesus.