Monday, March 11, 2019

Shinning light

'........and your right hand shall hold me fast. If I say, surely the darkness shall cover me and the light around me become night,even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day for the night is light to you.  Psalm 139:10-12
I shared these thoughts with an elderly lady who could not see her way through some anxieties and 'darkness' They were starting to overtake her especially at night time.  How often have you been scared of the  dark? I recall as a child running down the long hallway to my room where there was a light on. I recall waking up in the night and hiding under the bed covers because it was so dark. There I would hid, clutching the bed clothes, frantically pleading with God to be under the  covers with me. I was scared stiff. Then as I grew older and God filled my life more, I felt such fears  leaving me. Even when I  was rescuing a miner  many years ago down a very deep dark hole, sure I was anxious in the dark but not terrified because I had learnt to reach out for God's hand in times of need.
If fear or uncertainty creeps into the 'dark of life' I find myself reaching out to God and can almost 'feel' the light filtering through the dark. There is heaps in those few words from psalm 139, heaps of comfort.  - - and your right hand shall hold me fast.....darkness is not dark to you.....its as bright as the day.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
Shining light in the darkness