Monday, March 18, 2019

Bless and be blessed

Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believe. John 20:29
Remember this lovely song we sang in Sunday school? Count your blessings name them one by one......
I woke up in the night to the loud sounds of the crickets 'singing' and I thought to myself, why are they singing in the middle of the night. Their song seemed to be very joyful  and there was another sound , a magpie warbling  from the branches of the tree near my window, why at 4 in the morning?  And then I heard another sound and realised it was raining. Steady, big drops, falling on the parched ground. I wanted to stay awake to listen to these songs but instead fell back to sleep so blessed  from  the blessings.So much of life is a blessing. I see blessings as something we receive or give away. In the morning I  was still full of these blessings I had received in the night and ready to share the joy of blessings in my day. I like these words from a hymn by I.B.Wilson.
Make me a blessing.
Make me a blessing.
Out of my life may Jesus shine:
Make me a blessing, O Savior I pray,
make me a blessing to someone today.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord

Double blessing