Monday, January 8, 2018

Lead me O thou great Jehovah

I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year.; 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown' and he replied.' Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be better than light and safer than a known way.' (King George V1 Broadcast 1939)
Here we are well into the start of the New Year and I wonder where it will take us. I wonder what our thoughts, feelings and apprehensions might be as we venture 'into the unknown' There is one thing I know for sure and that is whatever is before us  all will be well if we hold the hand of God. I woke up today with this hymn in my heart.
Guide me O thou great Jehovah, Pilgrim through this barren land; I am weak but thou art mighty. Hold me with thy powerful hand. (Hymn)
Many blessings for 2018 as we go 'into the unknown.'  May we all be 'lit' with an inner sureness of the path we tread.
Grace and Peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.
path into the unknown