Monday, January 22, 2018

Come sit with me.

All praise to thee, my God this night, for all the blessings of the light. TIS 558
On these hot summer evenings I sit down outside and in the silence, think about God and all the lovely things about me. The beautiful purple rose, perfectly formed from a bud to a full flower over the day and a petal falling softly to the ground. The white cockatoo on the bird feeder, silently feeding and joining me in the delights of the evening. As he leaves to join his family  a white feather falls   silently onto the paving at my feet as if to say, 'here is a memory of me.'  And joy of all joys a crested pigeon comes and sits on the chair opposite me and just looks straight into my eyes as if to say I know what you are thinking about. In the silence we look at each other in admiration and wonder and I say to him. 'How is it you keep your feathers so neat, so tidy, so immaculate and as for that top knot on your head, I am sure you have a stash of brylcream in your nest, it sits so beautifully straight on your head! Ah God, what a creator you are, what love you have to share but Oh how it takes us moments of stillness  to see it it.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord

Not a feather out of place.