Friday, January 19, 2018

The great I AM


He leads me by still waters. Psalm 23
Every morning at 5am I wake to the beautiful melodious chorus of the birds and they seemed to be singing in harmony with one another. I think God deliberately wakes me at that time so I don't miss this morning blessing  in the stillness of the breaking day. The chorus is soft, melodious, beautiful and full of peace. Its a prayer just lying in the bed and listening and I am  every so thankful to God for this mode of prayer.   Joan Chittister would say: Prayer is not a magical act; it is a relationship that calls the spiritual dimensions in us to life, that attunes us to the universe, that hears the sound of the great I AM everywhere.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord

A sound of the great I AM