Monday, July 31, 2017

Silent witness

All God's creatures have a place in the choir. (Christian song)
Its been my experience before and now I see it again. I went for a walk in the dementia wing of the nursing home with me little dog, to visit a friend but she was out with family, so I decided to go for a wander about.  One elderly  lady literally ran to catch up with me, and in a foreign language started calling the dog. She was overjoyed and danced around lifting the dogs front legs in a dancing motion. She stayed with us for about 5 minutes in this window of joy before wandering off.  A staff member then approached me. This delightful, very dark skinned young man bent to pat her and noticed the cross on her collar. He immediately pulled a cross from beneath the neck of his shirt and said 'I have one too! we both know God loves us.' A little dog, an old wooden cross on her collar and time on my hands and God's love made a difference and brought joy.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ,
Anne, servant of the Lord
Genna