Monday, July 3, 2017

Encouragement for the day.

Its a glorious feeling to be able to unload my heart,to spill out my gratitude in thanks to you O God. Morning noon and night I want the whole world to know of your love. Psalm 92:1-2 (Psalms Now)
 A lady I visit in the community is constantly searching for Jesus. She has a hard life, a lonely life and longs to walk with Jesus as her companion. 'I use to know him' she said 'as a child I knew him but then he went away.I know I have you to help me now but where is Jesus?'  I told her about the story in the bible of the two who were walking on the road to Emmaus after Jesus had left them and how this stranger came alongside and through conversation and journey and an invitation to supper  Jesus was revealed. This psalm ends by saying: help us, those of us who love you O God to prove to our disjointed world that you are in our midst. Marcina Wiederkehr  would say: May your work this day be your love made visible;may you breathe upon the wounds of those with whom you work;may your voice this day be a voice of encouragement;may your life be an answer to someones prayer;may the lamp of your life  shine upon all you meet  this day;may the Spirit touch your spirit in this morning pause and your day be blessed.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord