Monday, July 10, 2017

moments of stillness

Be still for the presence of the Lord is moving in this place. (Hymn)
'That stopped me in my tracks 'is a common saying among us  when we see something that takes our eye and catches our attention suddenly; that something that causes our soul to smile. Its often a sudden moment where stillness find us.
Sister Kennedy says: Such moments are in the smile of a child on a train, the budding of the cherry blossom at the gate, the sweet scent of the clematis in the garden, the look behind forgiving eyes, the fresh eggs left on the door step. But for me yesterday , it was the beautiful Robin Redbreast sitting on the Pickett fence just outside my study window; a moment when stillness found me.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
A winter visitor