Monday, February 15, 2016

people of the way

Follow, follow I will follow Jesus anywhere, everywhere I will follow on. (Sunday School song)
I keep coming back to the old songs that have stuck with us all our Christian lives. The old faithfuls that we still know word for word but they come to mind more so when they become a living thing in our daily life. I visited the Trash and Treasure markets after church yesterday as I sometimes do, not to purchase anything but to just mingle. I paused to look at a stall that had paintings on it. Armature paintings but there was something about them besides the fact that some were of blue wrens!! The stall holder spoke in a thick European accent. 'You must be a person who is on the way?' I thought he meant on the way home from church but no, he followed that up with,' On the way, on the journey, you know,  following Jesus.' The next ten minutes was spent sharing faith and the love of Jesus with this stranger and I came away rich in blessings and a purchase of two hand painted pictures of blue wrens under my arm. I love to linger and loiter with intent.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
There are many places we can loiter with intent.