Monday, February 8, 2016

Come Lord Jesus

Withdraw to deserted places and pray. Luke 5:16

In the early light of morning I bid you come, Lord, and we meet the day together. You show me the way I should go, and I follow. You walk before me, making my way smooth, steering my course, inspiring courage. (Eaton/Brummett)

It could well have been the start of Autumn today. The air was fresh, the dew lay wet on the grass and a thick fog hung low across the farm flats. The sun was up and there was no real hint of the forecaster  heat for today. Peace wrapped itself in all I could see and feel and there was a presence in it all like someone had been here before me and were still lingering. These special morning experiences are ground zero. They are where God touches the earth and comes to give strength for the day, warmth for the spirit  and encouragement for life and I so often find myself wrapping a mantra around my heart. "Lord take my words, take me, shine your love through what I am, through what I do.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord