Friday, February 5, 2016

keep up the talk.

Tell me the old old story of Jesus and his love. (hymn)
I have a picture in my mind when I recall this song I learnt in Sunday School. Its a picture of Jesus sitting on a hillside around the sea of Galilee  with followers and interested, curios people sitting and standing before him just listening as he tells the stories. Stories of fishing for people, of loving one another, of how the lesser is the greater, the richer the poorer, the needy needing our help. Here he was sowing seeds of love, telling the story and isn't it wonderful when we have the opportunity to carry that on, to share the old old stories. My 5 year old  grandson called me second day after he started school, full of excitement. 'Guess what.' he said,' I learnt a song at school and I want to sing it to you' and he proceeded to sing 'My God is so big, so strong and so mighty.' Here it was , this small child's voice coming through the phone, telling me the old old story with great excitement. I  was at a clients house helping her sort out her home full of years of hoarding and as we were chatting she stopped working  and just looked at me. 'What' I asked. She said ' You know, seriously I want your God to come into my life.' Here it was again....tell me the old old story. It just does not go away does it! As long as we live and do we tell the old old story.
Sea of Galilee from the probable site of the sermon on the mount. 
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord