Friday, February 12, 2016

I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses (Spiritual Song)
I think there is nothing nicer than the peace of a quiet garden in its full glory and especially in the cool of the day. Its so full of 'God.' God in the beauty. God in his ongoing creation. God in the colour. God in the perfume.God in the wet dew hanging on every leaf and petal. God in the birds that also delight in meeting him there and enjoying his creation. I never see a seat in a garden as empty thought it might appear to be, its more a waiting space with its own atmosphere around it. A space waiting for your next visit, your next chat with God, Its like God is waiting there for you. How precious is such a space, such a seat and at times I find myself looking through the window onto the garden at the seat and a voice within me says, ' I'm coming Lord, I'm coming.
F. Frankfort Moore says: I think if ever a mortal heard the voice of God, it wold be in a garden at the cool of the day.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ,
Anne, servant of the Lord