Friday, February 26, 2016

Colour is Joy

For each perfect gift divine, to our race so freely given, graces all of your design, flowers of earth and buds of heaven. TIS 137
How 'deeply' do you look at God's creation? I mean, really pause and look deeply, in wonder,at the shape, the design and most of all the colour. We can miss so much in the business of life, brushing past the most beautiful of creations without really seeing it. I make a real point of a garden morning walk in particular, reflecting deeply on it's beauty and its 'fullness of God's gifts. Its a lovely place to be 'God filled ' and I marvel at all the colours he must have had on his painting palette. How big must the options of colours been. Imagine it, dobs of blue, red,green,purple,yellow, black, pink and many many more in all their various shades and him dipping his brush in and painting a rose,sweet peas,lavender,violets, blossoms, autumn leaves. To me when I think about colour I think about joy. Its a rich blessing from God to brighten our day and give us pleasure. It never ceases to amaze me  that our mighty God, in all his majesty and power and dominion can think of such small things as our pleasure and enjoyment. Next time you look at God's created colour, enjoy the moment and breath it in deeply.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.