Friday, July 24, 2015

your cathedreal

The words of the hymn 'I love thy house O God, where in thy honour dwells' still sits with me even though I reflected on it  recently. These words came back to me  after I read a verse from Steiner-Rice which said: 'my garden beautifies my yard, and adds a fragrance to the air, but its also my cathedral and my quiet place of prayer.'   When I visited some of the cathedrals in Europe and England I was astounded by the size. They are massive. Huge buildings of great architectural beauty. I would sit in them in awe. I love cathedrals, the atmosphere, the stillness, the quiet,  the feeling of God's presence and a sense of hundreds and in some cases thousands of years of worship and prayers still felt like its ingrained in the brickwork or constantly rising up on flickering candles. Yet, a cathedral can be anywhere. The morning gifts take my breath away also. Soft mist, gently rising , hovering over the dew laden grass, glistening white frost or fresh drops of rain, pink clouds sun kissed and a choir of birds, my personal cathedral. Where is yours, the place you meet and greet with Christ that leaves you wanting to just sit, or walk, and just be there? Visit it often.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.

Grafton Cathedral.