Friday, July 3, 2015

Be like the rose.

The great Love of God,...its yours it is ours O how lavishly given! the pearl of great price and the treasure of heaven. TIS 164
There was still a touch of darkness about when I got up and I heard the weather man on the radio say its -6. I thought I would wait awhile before I ventured outside! But my thoughts and the' call from God' to come and see the new day arriving outweighed each other so I went. White, crisp and cold was everywhere and I think even the birds were still tucked up in bed . The stillness and quiet of all about me was a prayer in itself  and then I saw a bird,  silently and gracefully soaring across the sky, illuminated by the colours of the rising sun, its  melodious call attracting my attention and it seemed there was just the bird and myself walking the earth in the presence of God, singing the same song. Mary Oliver wrote:' When I wake, and you are already wiping  the stars away, I rise quickly, hoping to be like your wild child the rose,the honey maker, the honey vine; a bird shouting its joy as it floats through the gift you have given us;another day.'
Be like the rose, drawing people to Jesus, through you, as they see in you and your living; the way, the truth and the life
St Saviours rose
.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord