Friday, July 10, 2015

smuggle me close Lord.

That's where you will find me. Psalm 27: 5-6  The Passion translation.
I cant resist the freshness and the new way of saying words to be found in some of the modern translations of the Book of Psalms. I was reflecting this morning on my relationship with God. How I love to be so close to him in nature and in every moment of the day and it does not matter how I feel he is always there, right beside me either with his hand in mine, his footsteps alongside mine or his breath sweeping my face in the breeze.So close that I can say: did you see that? Help me with this; come with me into the day, shower blessings on others and comfort me when it hurts and stay with me when I lay down to sleep. I love to think he 'smuggles'  me close  to keep me safe and secure. We have an amazing God. Fancy having time for each and every one of us to bring such a personal touch and relationship.How precious.
This I love from Psalm 27.
'Here is one thing I crave from God. The one thing I seek above all else. I want the privilege of living with him. Every moment in his house, finding the sweet loveliness of his face, filled with awe, delighting in his glory and grace. I want to live my life so close to him that he takes pleasure in my every prayer.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.