Monday, April 27, 2015

treasure

For what will it profit them to gain the whole world and  forfeit their life?  Mark 8:36
How many times have we seen a rainbow in the sky and thought of words said to us right through life that if we can find the end of the rainbow there we will find a pot of gold, our treasure ,and I wonder how many of us have tried that ? The rainbow I saw last week was a complete arc, very big, in fact too big to catch on the camera but I could see where the end of the bow was, as I walked towards it, it kept moving away from me. I thought, 'There is only one treasure to seek and that is one that as we draw closer to it it actually draws near to us and that's the treasure of God's love. Its bigger than any pot of God, its bigger than any persuite of happiness in seeking possessions.
George Beverly Shea wrote this song:
I'd rather have Jesus than silver and gold, I'd rather be his than have riches untold; I'd rather have Jesus than houses or lands. I'd rather be led by his nail-pierced hand. (verse1)
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord