Monday, April 13, 2015

The cross

But in all these things we have full victory through God who showed his love for us. Romans 8:37

Billy Graham wrote: If ever you should doubt the love of God,take a long deep look at the cross.

I was standing on the rise of the walking trail just as the sun was creating the new day when suddenly my eye caught the image of a cross. It was a strong image, well defined, a definite cross, yet when I looked closer I could see it was just a branch of a tree overlapping another. Never the less it was though provoking and an image that stayed with me. Its so special when daily objects  mirror the cross and draw us into reflecting on Christ and his sacrifice.......for us.
Its a powerful thought when instead of saying 'Jesus died for us,' we say 'Jesus died for me!' He gave his life for me, so I can be saved. 'Am I worth that much?' Jesus thought so. He gave his life for me, the least I can do is give my life to him.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.