Friday, May 1, 2015

The great adventure

Follow me (and I will make you fish for people.)Matthew 4:19
We experience many adventures in life and I can say my life has been full of adventures. I recall at a very young age looking for platypus in the town resivour and being chased by wild pigs. Going down disused mind shafts looking for gold.Starting school,training as a nurse, going overseas for the first time. Going outback nursing packed full of adventures and danger in the opal fields of Coober Pedy and among the Pitjantjatjara people of the Western Desert. As a wife and mother I took on another great adventure and then as a mature age student on the back of having been a poor student at school, I took on the Bachelor of Theology and ventured into ordained ministry. Wow, there are so many adventures within adventures  here, all memorable, enjoyable and life giving BUT in all of that I have to say the greatest adventure of all is the adventure that comes from when we respond to the 'call of Christ to follow him.' Then and only then does the greatest adventure of all begin.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord
Adventure in the Wadi Rum Desert Jordan