Monday, May 11, 2015

He lives

I know that my Redeemer lives. Job 19:25
This would have to be one of the most 'eye' opening experiences in our Christian journey when we come to realise the utter reality of  these words, and like Job the reality will often come out of the dark hole of life's trauma or, it could come out of an experience that radiates God's love so much that the blinding reality is these words....'I know that my Redeemer lives.' There is an elderly lady at the nursing home who's face just radiates the love of God. She has a peace both in her appearance, her speech  and  especially in her eyes. If I didn't know her I would assume she had spent a life in  the deep spiritual presence of Christ but no, she has come from the traumas of life but, as she holds my hand and looks into my face she says with a deep humility, 'I have seen Jesus. He is so real. I had a vision which has never left me, not a dream but a vision and in that Jesus was walking towards me, arms outstretched in embrace, white robes flowing, face so tender, smile so wide.' That vision of many years ago has never left this lady and when she tells me of it I have this great sense that I just want to remain in her presence and not hurry away. She know, she knows, that her Redeemer lives.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.