Monday, February 2, 2015

Blind yet I see

(Jesus said) Whoever does not take up his cross and follow in my steps is not fit to be my disciple. Matthew 10.38
It's interesting how we react to situations of our life. Sometimes issues come our way that could be burdens and handicaps to our daily living and we could bury our head in the sand and shut the world out or we could put one foot before the other and move on. I had been reflecting on a story I read many years ago about Helen Keller. What a remarkable lady  who had a ministry of encouragement among many world wide including the remote tribal Aboriginal people of Western Australia. I was reflecting on her life because she was such an influence in my childhood in my desire to work with Aboriginal people or to simply make something of my life. She had an incredible way with people and for a lady born in the 1800's that was quite remarkable. One of her many quotes said:'life is either a daring adventure or nothing.'   I guess the most remarkable thing about her was that she was deaf and blind. To quote her: 'I thank God for my handicaps, for through them I have found myself, my work and my God.'
 Western Desert SA
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord