Monday, February 16, 2015

Following the path

You will show me the path of life......psalm 16
There is a great peace about the morning as the early mist still lingers on the hills and the cows are grazing silently among the kangaroos.The path in the dry grass is wearing into its identity  and its as I take each step I reflect with God on the way my day might go.There is a great 'soul' joy deep within when you know the way you lead each day is to bring glory to God and 'life' to those you care for. Each Monday as I help gather a group of people into the day hospice  in the church for 'a day with a difference' I reflect on how we live life in order to  model   Jesus and to me its as much about doing than saying. I always hope that how I live life and what I do with my 'God given life' will help others to seek out the God I serve.I read this story  which said: A teacher took a student into the woods one night with just the light of his torch to show the path. At one point the teacher turned the torch off without explanation. 'What is the matter?' asked the student. 'The torch has gone out.' the teacher answered and continued to walk on.  'But,' shouted the student. 'Will you leave me in the dark?' 'No, I will not,' said the teacher.' I will leave you to follow me, searching for the light.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.