Friday, February 13, 2015

no escape

Where can I go from your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend the heavens you are there, if I make my bed in She-ol you are there. If I take the wings of the morning and settle at  the farthest  limits of the sea, even there your hand shall leave me and your right hand shall hold me fact. Psalm  139: 7-10  
I look at he mountains with their peaks reaching into the morning sky, their base surrounded in a sea of cloud like islands in an ocean.
I look into the distance at a farm house light on a hill, shining in that space between night and day.
I look at a jet, just a dot in the sky, more visible because of its vapour
I look at a large flock of  colourful grass parrots feeding bu the side of the road.
I think of observatories and their powerful telescopes that reaches far far into space.
I think of us all and the days ahead and the people we will meet: the frail aged, those in prison, the sick and lonely, the disabled, the lost, the stranger we pause to talk to on the street.
I think of our special places of relaxation and rest: a beach, the bush, a park, the garden.
To ask where is God's Spirit, is like asking a fish, where is the water. (Lucado)
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord.
Wadi Rum desert in Jordan