Monday, November 11, 2013

sing a new song

He put a new song in my mouth. Psalm 40:3
When I step out side for the morning walk my heart sings at the joy of freedom, and beauty in all there is about me in my world.  The sun rises with memorable colour and a peaceful presence and the song my heart sings to the Lord  is one of gratitude and blessings at the dawning of the new day full of potential and hope.
But I pause to reflect on the 100 and 1000's of people effected by the Typhoon in the Philippines and I think how can they sing a new song today, in fact will their hearts ever sing again and what will that new song look like?
I love this song sung by Celtic Thunder which I think helps the questions I have asked and certainly sustains me when I feel challenged in life. The song refers to' the home land' and I can relate it to God and his love of us. It goes like this: ' You are the voice, you are the song,the song ever singing in me and you are the heart ever true........ the voice ever calling me home to you.'
God is our refuge, our ever present help and we will always sing a song to him while he lives in us even though it may take our hearts awhile to compose it.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord.