Friday, November 8, 2013

Listen long

You turn my wailing into dancing;you removed the sackcloth and clothed me with joy. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever. Ps 30:11,12
Daily pressures, rush,anxiety and clamoring to see an end to the amount of jobs we think we need to do leaves us very little space for the sacred, those moments that refresh us, connect us and calm us but Oh when we find them what joy, what healing, what strength.
I have taken to  almost sitting in my new garden which is flourishing and there I hear the voice of God. There I see his face among the blossoms and the blooms, there I experience his perfume, there I touch his hand, there I feel the breath of the Spirit on the wind.  Where is your sacred space? Where do you off load, let down and just be, in the precious company of God?
I read this quote(not sure of the author) It said: ' I listen long for silent songs playing in hidden places.'
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord
portion of my new garden