Monday, February 28, 2022

Cleansing and life giving

If anyone is thirsty let them come to me and drink. John 7:37

The beautiful metallic, clear, single bell like call of the Mountain Lowry greeted me as I sat in reflection, hot cup of tea hugged by my hands and the first rays of the new day warming my skin. Then down he flew  for his morning bath in the bird bath, ahead of the finches, the silver eyes, the sparrows ( I just love them!) and the pigeons all waiting for their morning bath,  It is with sheer joy and happiness that the Mountain Lowry splashes, wets his wings, his face and under his wings totally washed with the pool of cool clear water and am I imagining it or  does he seem more joyful, more 'alive' after his experience with the refreshing  water? My thoughts then went to Jesus words: 'I am the living water.' What a gift, water that cleanses and gives life and what a gift to be reminded of that by the beautiful birds that come to the sacred space to enjoy the life giving water.

                                                        What a beauty!