Friday, February 11, 2022

Song notes bigger than themselves

 Oh, the love of my lord is the essence of all that I love here on earth. all the beauty I see he has given to me and his giving is gentle and silent. (White)

The little flock of  yellow rump finches were having the time of their life in the birdbath. You could tell by watching them that they were happy and full of joy as they splashed, flittered and sang, their little beaks open wide letting out song notes bigger than themselves. It was such a delight to watch and I thought how content they were in their life, how happy and I like to think, so loved by God their creator. I paused, I breathed lightly, a broad smile crossed my face as I thought of our God who gives us such moments for our enjoyment, why? because he loves us. That deep sense of his love not only makes me feel a 'fire within,'   but drives me to love others. Susan-Joy wrote in her book, Sacred in the Sharing:  God is present, always thinking, I love you, I love you, I love you. Let us love each other from now on and forever.

Let the peace of Christ dwell in your heart.

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                 Ah what joy!