Friday, February 25, 2022

A rose is just a rose, or is it?

 The great love of God O how lavishly given. (TIS 164) 

I counted at least seven roses from my sacred space, scattered across the garden surrounding me and if I had to choose my favourite I don't think I could though my favourite perfumed rose is not difficult. Its one that changes colour as it matures from amber to apricot blooms  and is called 'Outback Angel' a rose commemorating the work of the Royal Flying Doctor Service which in itself evokes past memories. When I look at it I see something soaked with love, the love of its creator and its perfume sets my heart singing. I heard this beautiful, captivating saying the other day: 'The perfume of a rose is the breath of angels.' Oh yes, indeed this one is the breath of angels!  Do you see a rose, or do you see what a rose is? God our wonderful creator, how much joy and love he has bestowed on us with his creations and isn't it wonderful to be able to pick a rose and pass it on in love. Next time you see a rose pause, and not only admire its beauty but think of the love it was created with and smell the breath of angels.

Jehovah - shalom. The Lord is peace.

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                    Filled with love.