Monday, January 17, 2022

Where the felt and the unseen is waiting

And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day. Genesis 3:8-9 

There was a visitor waiting for me at the sacred space this morning, just sitting quietly and patiently on the bright coloured flower that hung over the edge of the garden table. A beautiful bright red ladybird with black spots. As I looked with wonder I thought 'how many more creatures come to this sacred place besides me and do they come for the same reason?  I know when I come here I have a sense of 'all will be well' and I know its a place where the felt, unseen is waiting for my visit! 

As I looked at this tiny creature, a creation of God's imagination, I thought of this prayer by Macrina Wiederkehr: O frail and glorious creature, whoever you are, cherish this truth - there are hints of glory in your being - seeds of splendour and traces of holiness.'

I just love seeing the holy in the ordinary. One doesn't have to go looking for it, one just has to sit and sit and be quiet.

May the Lord of peace himself  give you peace at all times in all ways.

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                A visitor in the sacred space