Friday, January 14, 2022

Is it a unity or a knowing?

 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  Yet not one of them falls to the ground without  your Father knowing it. Matthew 10: 29 

There seemed to be a unity between us or was it a knowing? I pondered that as with love I watched the way the little sparrows flit between the rails of the fence and run about the garden as if they owned it. One was so bold as to sit on the rim of my tea cup  as I shared tea with God. Happy, happy little feathered balls of grey, brown and white on spindly legs. I sat longer than I had intended in a moment of wonder as I pondered how God loves all his creation even the seemingly worthless sparrow, sold so cheaply in the market places of Jerusalem as food for the poor. And, I though, how much poorer are we if we cannot see God's worth in all of his creation that feeds our body and our soul. These little sparrows are known and cared about by God, as he knows and cares for you and me.

Let the peace of Christ dwell in your hearts.               Anne, servant of the Lord     

                                  

                                        God loves me too!