Monday, January 24, 2022

A rugged cross

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true...… I will cling to the old rugged cross. (Hymn The Old Rugged Cross)

Its such a blessing to have trees around my garden that bring  shade,  the colours of the seasons and   are  the homes of  the chattering  and nesting of my feathered friends that are the chorus background to my sacred space and the joy they bring when they strike up the chorus, bath in the birdbath and sunbake on the lawn. As I looked at the eucalyptus tree this morning in its self decorated trunk of countless markings and cross like branches I thought of the old hymn 'The Old Rugged Cross' and was reminded of that line in this hymn that reads....where the dearest and best for a world of sinners was slain. With my hands warming around  my cup of tea my heart too was warming around my love of Jesus  and all he did for me and for you.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Anne, servant of the Lord

                                                            self decorated trunk.