Monday, September 14, 2020

Given with love.

Therefore I say unto you. Be not anxious for your life behold the birds in the air and the lilies  of the field. Matthew 6 :25 paraphrased
William Wordsworth wrote: 'I wandered lonely as a cloud that floats on high o'er vales and hills when all at once I saw a crowd, a host of golden daffodils.' That's  a poem remembered from school days and when I read that line I get a sense that the poet  was wondering deep in his own thoughts and his spirit was lighten at the sight of the crowd of daffodils. Flowers and gardens do that for us, they can lift our spirits. Its like the plaque I have in my garden ....The kiss of the sun for pardon, the song of the birds for mirth, you are nearer God's heart in a garden than anywhere else of earth. How true, how true and be it daffodils, a garden of flowers or a single blossom on a flowering crab apple tree, all God made and all God blessed, they have a way of drawing us to reflection. Times are hard, times are different but to lift our gaze from our room to our window, to glance a flower, a bird, the sunshine, our spirit can be lifted.
May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in all ways.
Anne, servant of the Lord
You cant help but smile.