Friday, September 25, 2020

A life of faith and love

 I love you Lord, and I lift my voice to worship you O, my  soul rejoice. (Christian music - Laurie Klein

 As much as I see the face of God in the beauty of nature I see him in the face of the elderly. Faces lined with a  long life and hearts still praising God, a journey of faith over so many years and still, in the difficulties of aging,  living with the Lord. I was at the nursing home church service   sitting next to an older lady who has dementia  and as the intincted  bread and wine was placed in her hand and the words of life said she looked at the sacrament for a moment then  said :  ' I love you Jesus.' It was quiet, it was real and it was said with such humility and love that I felt the power of standing on sacred ground. What a blessing, what faith, what love, what encouragement.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Anne, servant of the Lord.

                                                                   I love you Jesus