Friday, May 3, 2019

worship and wonder

 O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:12
There is a cactus near the front step of my office, just an ordinary round cactus that has some fine fur like growth all around it. It is nothing spectacular, nothing awe inspiring until suddenly you can see all around its top  tiny pink buds and a day or so later they turn into the most exquisite, most beautiful tiny pink flowers so beautifully crafted, so beautifully shaped and made.It catches the eye and draws the words on my breath to thank God for such beauty out of the ordinary. It somehow reminds me of our lives. Just ordinary lives that God has come to dwell in and change it from the ordinary into the beautiful. This quote from Lessin says: It is the light in your spirit that brings you into worship and wonder.
Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Anne, servant of the Lord
Beauty out of the ordinary
.