Friday, May 24, 2019

My Lord and my God

The Lord is my rock and my fortress. Psalm 18:2
So many times when I visit this coastal town  my eyes have been  fixed on a huge rock protruding from the sea looking like nothing would move it.It was solid. It was firm.It was steadfast. It was a shelter place for the birds. A solid rock cant be moved. We can climb it. We can push it, we can dig around it. We can ignore it but it will stand firm. God is our solid rock,  a place we can lean on, lean into and he wont move, he wont fade away. He will always be there .He will always hold us up in the calm or stormy seas and that reminds me of  the childhood Sunday School song : 'The wise man built his house upon a rock.'
grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
Anne, servant of the Lord
The Lord is my rock and my fortress.